In June 2021 a history making heritage rail journey around NSW by heritage steam train.
Your entire journey will be hauled by the Philadelphia built Baldwin-Mikado steam locomotive 5917, which entered service in 1952. This is travel as it used to be when steam ruled the rails and travel was a little more fun. Relax in comfortable seating cars with windows that open – you’ll have a better connection with the ever changing countryside.
Designed to take in lesser known and rarely visited destinations this leisurely six-day journey will take you places you’ve never thought to go.
Visit historic Tocal Homestead and soak in 176 years of history. Explore one of the last Aussie wool spinning mills at Nundle with historic machinery aged up to or exceeding 100 years old and enjoy lunch at the Peel Inn which first opened its doors in 1860.
History will be made when 5917 heads out for a stop at Premer (one of only two stations left on this line) followed by lunch at Binnaway. Dubbo brings a visit to the spectacular Taronga Western Plains Zoo and in Orange we’ll head away from the touristed areas to the charming town of Carcoar for lunch by Antica Australis. A definite highlight will be our farewell dinner at Philip Shaw Winery.
This never before offered historic mid-winter escape is fabulous, fun and thoroughly unique!
Departs: Sydney 25 June 2021 – 6 days tour
Excursion class from only $3,590* pp twin | $3,990* solo
‘S’ type non air-conditioned cars with up to 4 passengers per compartment.
All cars are heated.
Premium Class from: $3,790* pp twin share – Waitlist l $4,190* solo – Waitlist
‘N’ type non air-conditioned saloon cars with 1 seat each side of a table.
All cars are heated.
Rail Package Inclusions:
- Daylight service aboard your steam-hauled heritage train from Sydney to Tamworth, Binnaway, Dubbo, Orange, Bathurst and Sydney
- Unlimited tea, coffee and water throughout your journey
- Visit by coach to the historic Tocal Homestead for morning tea and a short tour
- 2 nights Tamworth accommodation at the Ibis Styles Tamworth (or similar) with dinner on the first night and breakfast daily
- Day trip to Nundle by coach including touring and lunch at the historic Peel Inn
- Guided tour of Nundle Woollen Mill
- Exclusive afternoon tea at Wombramurra homestead
- Entry to the Rail Journeys Museum at Werris Creek
- Lunch at the Binnaway Bowling Club
- Onboard tastings and sales by the team from Black Gate Distillery, Mendooran
- 1 night Dubbo accommodation a the Cattlemans Motor Inn (or similar) with dinner and breakfast
- Tour of the Taronga Western Plains Zoo with light lunch
- 2 nights accommodation at the Mercure Orange (or similar) with breakfast daily supplied by Cafe Latte
- Day tour by coach to Carcoar with short town tour and lunch by Antica Australis
- Farewell dinner at Philip Shaw Winery
- Lunch at The Victoria Hotel at Bathurst
- Entry to the Bathurst Railway Museum
- Group coach transfers throughout
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Cruise Express Tour Managers
Contact Glenn at The Travellers Hut on 43 63 1699 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Optional dinner – Luke O’Shea show with dinner and drinks is $200 per person
As part of the Great Northwestern Loop steam-hauled tour of NSW, we have added an exclusive dinner and show at Nundle.Described as being somewhere between Midnight Oil & John Williamson, country music singer-songwriter Luke O’Shea, a thirteen-time CMAA Golden Guitar winner will perform exclusively for us! Join us for dinner and drinks at the unique DAG Wool shed as Luke performs songs from his award-winning albums.
E-MAIL – THE TRAVELLERS HUT – Complete the form and click submit